Abayas comes in various designs and styles. Fabric is one of the most critical factors to consider when choosing the perfect abaya. The type of fabric used greatly impacts the overall comfort, durability, and breathability of the abaya. With the right abaya, you can relax and move around easily for long hours. If you are looking for a place to purchase high-quality abaya, then come to Onyx Abaya. We are a top-notch store in Dubai.
In this blog, we will explore three common fabrics used in abaya manufacturing and discuss the factors to consider when selecting the right fabric for your abaya.
There are various abayas materials that you can choose from, such as the following.
Silk is a luxurious fabric that adds elegance and sophistication to any garment, including abayas. These abayas are known for their smooth and lustrous texture. This makes them ideal for special occasions or events. Silk is a fabric that has excellent temperature-regulating properties. It keeps the body warm in colder weather and cool in warmer weather. Silk abayas are also highly breathable and hypoallergenic. This makes them suitable for those with sensitive skin.
However, silk requires special care, as it can be delicate and easily damaged. Dry cleaning or handwashing is usually recommended for silk abayas. They should be stored carefully to avoid snags or pulls.
Cotton is a popular fabric used in abaya making due to its natural properties. It is renowned for being durable, soft, and breathable. Cotton abayas are perfect for everyday wear. They allow air to circulate, keeping the body cool and comfortable, especially in hot weather.
Additionally, cotton abayas are relatively easy to care for. They can withstand regular washing without losing their shape or color. They are also less prone to wrinkling. This makes them a practical choice for those who want a low-maintenance garment.
Chiffon is a lightweight, sheer fabric that is commonly used as an overlay or a lining for abayas. It is made from synthetic fibers. These abayas have a soft and flowy drape, adding a touch of elegance to the abaya. Chiffon abayas are often worn for special occasions or events. They can be layered over other fabrics to create a stylish and modest look.
Chiffon is known for its breathability and comfort. It allows air to pass through, keeping the body cool in hot weather. It is also important to note that chiffon abayas may require additional care. They require gentle handwashing and delicate handling during storage.
Jersey is another popular fabric for abayas, particularly for those who prefer a more form-fitting style. Its stretchy and comfortable material moves with the body and provides a flattering fit. Jersey abayas come in modern and contemporary designs and can be dressed up or down, making them handy for various occasions.
Crepe is a multipurpose and durable fabric that is often used for abayas. Its slightly textured surface and beautiful drape create a flattering silhouette. Crepe abayas are often designed with a more tailored and structured style, making them suitable for both casual and formal occasions. Read more about: The Art Of Choosing The Perfect Abaya: A Guide For The Modern Muslim Woman
When selecting the perfect abaya material, there are several factors to keep in mind. Here are some important considerations to help you choose the right fabric for your needs:
- Comfort: Comfort should be a top priority when selecting an abaya material. Choose a fabric that feels soft and comfortable against your skin and won’t cause irritation or discomfort.
- Durability: Look for a fabric that is durable and long-lasting, especially if you plan to wear the abaya frequently. Choose a fabric that can withstand regular wear and tear and won’t easily tear or fray.
- Breathability: If you live in a hot and humid climate, look for a fabric that is breathable and lightweight. This will help keep you cool and comfortable, even in the hottest weather.
- Stretch: If you prefer a more form-fitting abaya, look for a fabric with some stretch. This will allow the abaya to move with your body, creating a flattering and comfortable fit.
- Style: Consider the style of abaya you want to wear, and choose a fabric that will complement that style. For example, if you want a more structured and tailored abaya, choose a fabric like a crepe. If you want a flowing and romantic abaya, choose a fabric like a chiffon.
- Occasion: Think about the occasion you’ll be wearing the abaya for. If it’s a formal or special occasion, consider a luxurious and elegant fabric like silk. If it’s for daily wear, choose a fabric like cotton or jersey that is comfortable and easy to care for.
- Care: Consider the care requirements of the fabric when selecting an abaya material. Choose a fabric that is easy to care for and doesn’t require special cleaning or maintenance.
- Color: Think about the color of the fabric when selecting an abaya material. Choose a color that complements your skin tone and personal style, and consider the practicality of light-colored fabrics if you live in a dusty or dirty environment.
Choosing the right fabric for your abaya is a crucial decision that can greatly impact its comfort, durability, and overall appearance. Cotton, silk, and chiffon are common fabrics used in abaya manufacturing, each with its own unique properties. Consider factors such as climate, occasion, and care requirements when selecting the fabric for your abaya. To buy quality abayas, you can get in touch with Onyx Abaya.